You are here
Past UMOR Exceptional Service Award Recipients
View a list of past recipients for the UMOR Exceptional Service Award.
The UMOR Exceptional Service award is open to all staff members in the U-M Office of Research or any of the units that report administratively to the U-M Office of Research. The award is not limited to those involved in research administration. Students, tenure track faculty, and research track faculty are not eligible for this award.
Personal honorarium of $1,250 and a plaque.
Purpose of the award
This award recognizes one or more staff members who have stepped up to meet a specific challenge or performed exceptionally and approached his or her work in a way that extends beyond the ordinary fulfillment of a position’s duties. Examples of such exceptional service might include outstanding performance related to workshop and conference planning, creation of communications products, information technology support, committee work, proposal development, or the launch of new programs.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
Nominations will be due January 30, 2017. Please forward each nomination as one PDF file to Ann Leffler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The award selection is made by the Vice President for Research based upon the recommendation of the Research Staff Awards Advisory Committee.
The award recipient(s), if any, will be announced in April 2017. The reception to honor recipient(s) will occur in the spring of 2017.
Any member of the U-M community may submit a nomination. Include in the Nomination packet:
- Nomination Cover Sheet
- A one-page description of the nominee’s contributions to their unit and to the University in support of the nomination.
- A resume or description of the nominee’s career.
- Up to three (3) letters of support, from a wide range of constituents across campus, to demonstrate the depth and breadth of the nominee’s contribution to the advancement of their unit’s mission as well as the University’s research enterprise.
Please address the following criteria in the nomination materials
- How the nominee has contributed to the success of others in his/her unit, or how the nominee contributed to the unit’s ability to meet a particular challenge or accomplish a particular goal.
- The nature of the nominee’s interactions with employees and students at the University, and groups outside the University, such as local organizations, government regulators, or research sponsors.
- Current/past committees and professional experience within the University and in the community.
- How the nominee has demonstrated personal and professional growth.
- Additional information you would like the review committee to know about the nominee.
Please contact Ann Leffler in the U-M Office of Research (email@example.com).
Staff members employed in the following units are eligible for the UMOR Exceptional Service Award: Office of Research (UMOR), Animal Care and Use Program (ACUP), Advanced Research Computing (ARC), Business Engagement Center (BEC), Center for Human Growth and Development (CHGD), Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Facility (fMRI), Institute for Research on Labor, Employment and the Economy (IRLEE), Institute for Research on Women and Gender (IRWG), MCubed, Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP), Office of Technology Transfer (OTT), Research Ethics and Compliance, U-M Energy Institute (UMEI), U-M Mobility Transformation Center (MTC), UMOR Shared Services, U-M Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI).