You are here
- Faculty Grants & Awards
The U-M Office of Research (UMOR) offers support for research, scholarship, and creative activities in all fields.
The intent is to:
- Help support areas of research and scholarship where external funds are scarce or unavailable
- Assist in maintaining the base activities of high-quality projects between funding cycles
- Seed novel, high-risk, innovative, inter-unit projects
- Assist with colloquia, symposia, and other events that promote the evolution of new research ideas and collaborations
- Assist junior faculty in establishing new research programs
Applications are reviewed by faculty peers. Please consult the specific funding opportunities for detailed application procedures and other pertinent information.
|Program||Purpose||Funds Available||Application Deadline(s)*|
|Defray costs associated with artistic productions and performances||$12,000||
|Provide salary/fringe benefit support for research faculty between external awards||Up to $15,000||TBD|
|Defray publication costs||$5,000||TBD|
|Facilitate open access distribution of book-length works||$15,000||
|Sustain essential activities of a research project between external awards||Up to $15,000||
|Support conferences, symposia, or workshops to address important research issues and frontiers||$2,500||TBD|
|Facilitate high-quality work, such as launching new research programs, establishing non-traditional collaborations, and coordinating new interdisciplinary activities||$15,000||TBD|
*If the deadline date falls on a weekend the deadline will roll to the next business day.
To search for other internal funding opportunities, please visit U-M Research Commons.
For information on the review and award process, including required signatures, award administration, funding restrictions, and more, see our Supplemental Information page.