You are here
Past U-M Office of Research Staff Recognition Award Program Recipients
View a list of current and past recipients for the U-M Office of Research Staff Recognition Award Program (both Technical Staff and Research Administrators).
The Research Administrator Recognition award is open to all regular staff members employed by any unit of the University of Michigan's three campuses with primary responsibilities in research administration. Students, tenured/tenure track, clinical track, and research track faculty are not eligible for this award.
Personal honorarium of $1,250 and a plaque.
Purpose of the Award
To recognize distinguished service to the research community on campus over a number of years exemplifying the goals of professional research administration.
Deadline and Submission Instructions
Nominations will be due January 30, 2019. Please forward each nomination as one PDF file to Wendi Mohl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The award recipient(s), if any, will be announced in April 2019. The reception to honor recipient(s) will occur in the spring of 2019.
Any member of the U-M community may submit a nomination. Include in the Nomination packet:
- Nomination Cover Sheet
- A one-page description of the nominee’s contributions to his or her unit and to the University in support of the nomination.
- A resume or description of the nominee’s career.
- Up to three (3) letters of support, from a wide range of constituents across campus, to demonstrate the depth and breadth of the nominee’s impact on research administration.
Please address the following selection criteria in the nomination materials
- How research administration at the University and beyond has been advanced and enhanced by this nominee’s contributions, especially their impact beyond their home department/school/college.
- The nature of the nominee’s interactions with employees and students at the University, and with groups outside the University such as research sponsors, local organizations, and government regulators.
- Current/past committees and professional experience within the University and in the community.
- How the nominee has demonstrated personal and professional growth.
- Additional information you would like the review committee to know about the nominee.
Please contact Wendi Mohl in the U-M Office of Research email@example.com.